Saturday 11 June 2011

Day 11... The One....


Today has been pretty uneventful, yet still brilliant.  The rain has poured from the heavens all day, so there was nothing else to do apart from snuggle up on the sofa and keep warm and dry.  It’s officially our summer but up here in Edinburgh it still feels like winter.

We’d been asked by Ernestina in the week to put a mesh over the strawberries in the back garden; she was fearful the birds would be picking at the newly developed fruit, so mid afternoon, in the pouring rain, Ross succeed, eventually, to cover the patch of garden where the strawberries grow.

Being honest it’s something we both didn’t want to do, as I’d agreed this morning that today would be Ross’s day, an act of kindness I’d say. By 5.30pm this afternoon I’ve watched the Matrix plus the sequel; Matrix Reloaded.

I’m soon to embark on the final epic journey with Neo, Trinity and Morpheus, as they fight side-by-side against the machines, their quest for truth as to why we are here and if Neo is really the one?

I ponder this very question on numerous occasions, as I am sure you do.   The question is rhetorical I’m sure, as I don’t know if we’ll ever find the answer.

As we came inside from the garden, soaked to the skin, we quickly repositioned ourselves back on the sofa and the same spot we’d left half an hour earlier.  I realise that if you are with the person you love, the one, why wouldn’t you let them enjoy their stuff and put your desires on the back burner, if that makes them happy?  

After all, surely if they’re happy, you will be too?





No comments:

Post a Comment