Wednesday 22 June 2011

Day 21 - Give more of yourself....

Yesterday was quite full on so by the time I reached home I was tired and exhausted, my head full with the day’s activities and what I still had to do.  I’m not sure about you but sometimes I feel that there's just not enough hours in the day to get through what you have to. 

My life seems to be flying by and I can’t seem to catch up?

I sat working on a tender document until quite late and realised that I hadn’t really been able to deliver my act of kindness. The day had passed so quickly and I had nothing to report.  So I replayed my day and realised that in my job as coach trainer, today I had delivered acts of kindness, yet they had been done in a very low key and understated manner.

I had helped 4 amazing people turn into 4 amazing coaches who are now going to go out into the world and help others.  I believe there are 2 kinds of trainers, those who surface train or those who train in a deeper way.  What I mean by this is, you can have someone train you and they just give you the stuff you need to know, because that’s all they are paid to do or you get those who go the extra mile, and give more of themselves, because they believe it's what is right for the people they're training and I suppose today I did this.

I believe I helped those 4 amazing people make significant changes, grow in confidence and self-belief because I gave them more of me.  I shared more of myself to help them learn, grow and develop so they can be the best they can be.

So when I look back at my day, I recognise that by giving more of yourself, to help others develop is an act of kindness, it requires you to share what you know and believe is right, even if you go above and beyond.



No comments:

Post a Comment